Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is the enterprise storage interface that takes SCSI into new dimensions of performance, flexibility and scalability. With SAS you can enjoy performance many times faster than traditional SCSI and mix and match SAS and Serial ATA (SATA) drives for cost and performance optimization.
The Adaptec Serial Attached SCSI RAID 4805SAS PCI Express card is an eight-port controller that supports SAS, SATA or SATA II disk drives. It features the Adaptec RAID Code (ARC) with standard RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50, JBOD as well as the Adaptec Advanced Data Protection Suite with RAID 1E, 5EE, 6, 60, Copyback Hot Spare and optional Snapshot Backup. The card has 128 MB of ECC-protected DDR DRAM and a battery unit is optional.
The Adaptec Advanced Data Protection Suite includes advanced RAID levels and features:
- Hot Space (RAID 5EE)
- Striped Mirror (RAID 1E)
- Dual Drive Failure Protection (RAID 6, 60)
- Copyback Hot Spare
- Snapshot Backup (optional)
- Eight ports support up to eight SAS, SATA and SATA II drives
- 128MB ECC-protected DDR2 memory
- Standard Features: RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, JBOD, hot swap, hot spares, Online Capacity Expansion, RAID Level Migration, Optimized Disk Utilization and the following Adaptec Advanced Data Protection Suite features: RAID 1E, 5EE, 6, 60 and Copyback Hot Spare
- Optional Feature: Snapshot Backup
- 3/4-length PCI form factor
- Optional battery backup module